Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

What to Say When Asked For Advice

W.S. Gilbert, Ruddigore, or The Witch's Curse, Act 2:

If were not a little mad and generally silly
I should give you my advice upon the subject, willy-nilly;
I should show you in a moment how to grapple with the question,
And you'd really be astonished at the force of my suggestion.
On the subject I shall write you a most valuable letter,
Full of excellent suggestions when I feel a little better,
But at present I'm afraid I am as mad as any hatter,
So I'll keep 'em to myself, for my opinion doesn't matter!

While looking up this song on the Web, to save myself the trouble of typing it out, I discovered that there are karaoke audio files available for Gilbert and Sullivan songs, including this one. At last, in the privacy of my own home, in front of the computer, I can indulge my fantasy of starring in a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta.




<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?